Friday, July 27, 2012

24 weeks

For the passed 24 weeks we have been trying to get our minds and house ready for two little boys, we have been offered tons of support and now we Heavenly Father has a new plan for us. For the past few days I knew something wasn't right. I started contracting a lot on Monday pretty regularly but it didn't hurt. Tuesday night it was still continuing but now it was hurting a little. I checked myself in to Labor and Delivery and they checked an FFN, it was negative and then it was the search for the babies. They spent over an hour with the monitors trying to find both babies. They found one baby really easily and then continued to search for the other. Not really sure whether they got both on they called to see if they needed an ultrasound but settling for one on the monitor and one on doppler. (Not knowing that it was the same baby).

I was hoping I would never have to do a post about something like this. I have tried to stop crying but my eyes continue to leak. Yesterday Timmy and I had our 24 week appointment. I have been so excited for this moment, where our boys would be viable for life. Our doctor was out of town so we went to see Dr. Ott. The first thing they did was weigh me and then we waited for the ultrasound, We saw our happy baby B moving all around and his measurements were great. As he moved on to baby A he looked so squished in the corner you could hardly see his body at all just his sweet face. Dr. Ott could not find a heart beat.

He sent us over to MFM to see Dr. Jackson. I really liked him and he made me feel really comfortable with all that was going on. Explained a lot and listened. They looked at our baby A and nothing really looked wrong, he was measuring about 23 weeks and 3 days, my placenta looked good and there was still a good amount of fluid. They couldn't give me a reason our sweet baby boy didn't make it. With a singleton pregnancy at this time they would have sent us to labor and delivery to get induced at we would get to say goodbyes to this little guy. They looked at baby B very closely and measured everything there was to measure. His heart, brain, everything in his belly, Afi, hands, and feet. Everything looks great they see no reason why I shouldn't deliver him at full term, November 15. They measured my cervix and it was long at 3.23 cm and it was still closed. They want me to watch closely for the next few weeks to make sure my body doesn't try to deliver baby A.

One of the most difficult things was to tell our family. I am so happy that we have such a good support system and I have my husband here to hold my hand and tell me everything is going to be okay, even though I see him hurting too. Coming home was hard, I already have two of most things. Two car seats that Timmy was so excited to install in the car; two cribs, and a double stroller.

Looking back now I realize that I haven't felt movement on the right side very often during my pregnancy. The very first ultrasound we had baby A was the crazy mover and ever since then it has been baby B that has been moving all around.

I don't know why this had to happen, I have run through my mind a million times over trying to think what I could have done differently or if they could have checked me more frequently. It is hard because I want to be happy knowing there is still a living baby inside, it is just weird because I don't really get to say goodbye to the other. It will be such a bitter sweet moment at delivery to have one alive and one passed away.

11 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

Timmy and Trini,
I was so sad to hear about your sweet baby. I wanted to let you know that you're in our thoughts and prayers. ~Lynette Ballard

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel even a little better but I know there is nothing that will help. I am so sorry you are going through this and I hope you both feel heavenly fathers love and support its the only way to get through each hour. Please let me know what I can do...

Aaron and Bonnie said...

It breaks my heart to hear this....You are going to be such good parents and should have dozens of kids! In the eternity's I bet you will.....I'm thinking and praying for your sweet family. PLEASE let me know what I can do!

Melissa said...

I am so sad this happened. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. We'll be praying of you.

Jason and Joanna said...

You guys are great people who will be wonderful parents. I cannot agree with Bonnie anymore, you guys could totally rock it having dozens of babies. We love you guys and are praying for you guys to feel comfort at this hard time. Please remember we are all here for you guys. You know us girls, we are always up for a party and an excuse to get together :)

Alisha Bowling said...

Oh Trini! I am in tears as I write this. Words can't express how my heart aches for you! I have never been in your shoes, and don't know what it feels like. I honestly can't imagine the sheer pain you are feeling, yet then trying to still be excited. I wish I had something magically comforting to say. Just know you and Timmy are in my thoughts as you go through this difficult time!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Timmy...and sweet wife of course...I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this extremely difficult and heart breaking time.

Unknown said...

I know there isn't anything we can say to make you feel better - but just know that we think about you guys every day and have you in our prayers (as we did before this day and will continue to). We love you so much. Please let us know if there is ANYTHING at all that we can do. We are only a short drive away. And always just a phone call away too. We send lots of love your way....

The Johnson Family said...

Trini you and Timmy are in my prayers. I know there isn't anything I can say to keep your heart from breaking. Having lost many babies myself I know how hard this can be. Just know there are many of us around you that love you and will help you get through this difficult time. If you ever need to talk about it please come visit. My door is always open. Huge hugs from me!

MeganDan said...

So heartbreaking. Thinking of you at this hard time.

MeganDan said...

So heartbreaking. Thinking of you at this hard time.

Post a Comment