Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Egg Retrieval scheduled

I was suppose to update this when we went up to Pleasant Grove on February 10th, but in all reality nothing really exciting happened so I waited. Up until the 10th I was taking Lupron injections.
These didn't bother me one bit, got a few small bruises nothing major and never hurt going in. Then for our appointment on Feb 10th I had an ultrasound, to look for cysts (there were none), and Timmy gave a back-up sample.

 On the 12th which was a sunday I started taking the Menopur and the Brevelle and continued taking the Lupron. These were also given subcutaneous but 1 full ml. They stung a little bit I just had to push them slow. I got a really big bruise from one of them but surprisingly that injection hurt less than the others. The only thing I didn't like about doing three shots a day is I ran out of sites. 
Then the magic started to happen. On friday the 17th I went to get my Estradiol level checked. It was 664. I continued my medications and had an ultrasound on Sunday the 19th. Dr. C counted my follicles with Timmy's help and I had 15. My smallest was something like 9x9 and the biggest was 20x18. They thought I would be getting close so they checked my Estradiol level and it was 1606. Dr. C was not sure if they would wait one more day so I waited for the phone call. They wanted me to go in for one more ultrasound and Estradiol level on Monday. After working all night long I went in around 8:30 and we counted my follicles again. The biggest now was 20x20 and the smallest was 9x13. In one day they grew so much and most of them ranged around 19mm, and my Estradiol level was 2706. I received the phone call on Monday around 4:30 pm that we would do the egg retrieval on Wednesday. 
They gave me some instructions and wanted me to follow them precisely. I took the HCG 10,000 units at 10pm. They call this the "Trigger injection" that means in 36 hours all my matured eggs will release. 
Then when I woke up this morning I took my PNV/BA and the HCG Pregnancy test. 
 Now do you see that test? I had to do a double take, it is positive....I haven't seen one on my self ever, I have been waiting to see one of these. It was a bit of a shocker when I called them with the results, and they tell you "Oh that is what it is suppose to say." I am assuming they are just measuring my HCG level from injection the night before.

Today Timmy and I are driving up the Pleasant Grove and staying in a hotel for the night because bright and early...well 9:00 we will be making our way to harvest those eggs. I will let you all know how it comes along and how many eggs we retrieve.

2 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Trini, this is so so exciting!! I really hope and pray for the best! I really think it's time you and Timmy become parents!! We need some little Key babes runnin around on a Sunday afternoon:)

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Trini, I am dying to know how you're doing. Me? I've been sick as a dog with OHSS. I am hoping and praying your not over-stimulated. It's the worst thing ever! I'm sending lots of happy thoughts your way and hoping this is the BFP for both of us!!! :)

Post a Comment